Functions and Authorities
- To develop relevant legislative documents, policies, strategies, master plans, programs, projects and guidance for the implementation of the above documents on standards, technical regulations, metrology, productivity and quality of products and goods, goods labeling, bar-coding and numbering and national quality awards;
- To develop and appraise draft national standards (TCVN); To take part in developing international standards; to promote the application of standards in Viet Nam;
- To prepare national technical regulations (QCVN) within scopes assigned by the Ministry of Science and Technology and guide their implementation accordingly; To take part in developing national technical regulations within scopes of other Ministries;
- To implement the state management on verification, calibration, testing of measuring equipment and measurement standards;
- To develop, maintain, custody and utilize the national measurement standards for the designated measurement units; to guide the development of measurement standards system of ministries, branches and localities.
- To carry out the examination on quality of products and goods within the scopes of Ministry of Science and Technology and coordinate with other authorities to carry out the inspection, examination on quality of products and goods within the scopes of other ministries;
- To coordinate in inspection, examination and handling of competence violations of the legislation on standardization, metrology and quality.
- To organize the activities relating to the National Quality Award Program.
- To administer conformity assessment and accreditation activities; To coordinate with the related authorities to manage the declarations of conformity to standards and technical regulations.
- To manage and organize the implementation of the scientific researches, training, information dissemination, consultation and international cooperation activities in relevant fields.
- To manage and organize the operation of the national network of notification and enquiry points for TBT issues.